The Breath of Life Conferences have a history of inviting pioneering practitioners and scientists involved in grounding breaking research and the application of body-mind therapeutic approaches. The Conferences explore key factors that organise how we function, beyond just the physical form, providing a forum and meeting place for exchanging ideas at the cutting edge of holistic health.
The next Breath of Life Conference will take place on May 13th-14th 2017 in London. It will be followed by workshops with some of the Conference speakers. Speakers who have so far confirmed include:
- Dr. Bessel van der Kolk – clinician, researcher and teacher in the area of post traumatic stress, and author of Psychological Trauma, Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body, and Society, and the best-selling book The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Treatment of Trauma.
- Dr. Gabor Maté – renowned speaker on addiction, stress and childhood development, and author of In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts, When The Body Says No and Scattered Minds – The Origins and Healing of Attention Deficit Disorder.
- Robert Lever – osteopath with over 40 years’ experience, former lecturer at the European School of Osteopathy, recipient of a Medal of Honour for services to osteopathic education, and author of At The Still Point of the Turning World.
- Dr. Wendy McCarty – co-founder of BEBA (a centre for family healing), founding chair of the Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology programme at the Santa Barbara Graduate Institute and author of Welcoming Consciousness: Supporting Babies’ Wholeness from the Beginning of Life – An Integrated Model of Early Development.
- Dr. Rollin McCraty – director of research at the HeartMath Institute, fellow of the American Institute of Stress and author of numerous published research papers about the subtle physiology of the heart and emotion.
- Dr. Gerald Pollack – professor at the University of Pennsylvania, founder of the Pollack Laboratory, pioneering researcher into the properties of biological water and author of The Fourth Phase of Water, Cells, Gels and the Engines of Life and Muscles, Water and the Cell.
- John Wilks – craniosacral therapist, former chair of the ‘Craniosacral Therapy Association UK’ and the ‘Cranial Forum’, and author of Understanding Craniosacral Therapy, The Bowen Technique – The Inside Story, Multidisciplinary Approaches to Treating Babies and Children and Choices in Pregnancy and Childbirth.
FURTHER DETAILS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SHORTLY
Please send an email to email@example.com if you’d like to be added to the Conference mailing list.
Past speakers include:
- Jean-Pierre Barral
- Gerde Boyesen
- Ray Castellino
- Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen
- Emilie Conrad
- H.H. the 12th Gyalwang Drukpa
- Dr. Masuru Emoto
- Nicholas Handoll
- Dr. Mae Wan Ho
- Stanley Keleman
- Federick Leboyer
- Peter Levine
- Lynne McTaggart
- Hugh Milne
- Dr. James Oschman
- Prof. Stephen Porges
- Marshall Rosenberg
- Gabrielle Roth
- Babette Rothschild
- Dr. Michael Shea
- Rupert Sheldrake
- Daniel Siegel
- Franklyn Sills
- Maura Sills
- Anngwyn St Just
- Susan Turner
- Dr. Jaap van der Wal
and many others.
The Breath of Life Conferences are organised by Michael Kern and Jane Shaw.
Michael Kern has been teaching Craniosacral Therapy since 1987 and is a leading international exponent of the biodynamic approach, regularly running courses in Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Germany and Ukraine. He is the founder of the Craniosacral Therapy Educational Trust in London, and has been a senior tutor for the College of Osteopaths, the International Cranial Association, the Centre for Professional Development in Osteopathy and the University of Westminster. He is also author of the highly acclaimed book ‘Wisdom In The Body – The Craniosacral Approach To Essential Health’, now available in ten languages.
Jane Shaw teaches on Craniosacral Therapy practitioner trainings, has a biodynamic craniosacral therapy clinical practice in Ireland, and runs workshops and retreats internationally. Previously she worked for 15 years in business and finance, latterly being Finance Director of a well known PR agency in London.
For more information or to be added to the mailing list please email info@
Join Craniosacral Therapy Educational Trust’s Facebook page
Click on the “Like” button near the top of this Facebook page to receive regular links and articles of interest, as well as notification of special events.
4 comments July 17th, 2009